Woot woot! Thank you to the lovely ELLOMENNOPEE for nominating me for a LIEBSTER AWARD. Liebster means dearest in German which is a word I like very much. You can be nominated if you are a relatively new blog with less than 200 followers. You have to write 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions from your nominee and then set up 11 questions for 11 new bloggers and let them know. It is a way to spread the love and hopefully introduce more people to some of the smaller blogs out there.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MOI
1. I am asked at least once a day where I am from so here goes - I am part English, French, Spanish, Dutch and 6th generation South African on my maternal grandmother's side.
2. I would have been burned at the stake during the Spanish Inquisition and pretty much all the way through the middle ages. Flame coloured hair was evidence that the bearer of such locks had stolen the fires of hell, not to mention that I am covered with freckles ' the marks of the devil' in Germanic culture during the 1400's. Although it is thought the first human redheads walked the earth about 50, 000 years ago in Africa - so I am back where I belong.
3. I would like to be a proper herbalist, not a voodoo hoodoo chile but someone who can identify herbs, indigenous & foreign and prepare remedies, toiletries and household cleaning products from my own garden. I am about one fifth of the way there.
4. I am obsessive compulsive and struggle to finish my grand schemes once the initial mania has worn off.
5. I have a serious addiction to television series and books out of my age profile - The Secret Circle and Beautiful Creatures.
6. One day I will learn archery.
7. In my dreams I can ride a horse, light a fire and sleep under the stars with just a bed roll. In reality I am a fancy camper. Sleeping outside on a school trip in Standard 2 near a lion enclosure cured me of any desire to be wild and free.
8. My animal totem would be a crow.
|The Graphics Fairy|
9. My current visual pash is vintage mountainscapes.
10. If I ever get a tattoo the first would be two nautical stars on the back of my calves.
QUESTIONS FOR ME
I am going to answer these tomorrow, I think this may be a 3 part post xxx